01273 732 066
1. Purpose of this Policy
Ellmans respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice provides information on how Ellmans collects and processes your personal data. Our website and our services are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children. The law on data protection provides that a company may collect and process personal data. It sets out the legal basis by which we may collect and process your data. We are able to do this:
- With your consent; or
- In specific situations where we need your personal data in order to comply with our contractual obligations in connection with the services we provide to clients; or
- If the law requires us to; or • Where we require your personal data to pursue our legitimate interest in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and it does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
2. About Us
Ellmans is the trading name of Ellman Henderson Limited. Ellmans is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
We have appointed a data privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the data privacy manager using the details set out below.
Name or title of data privacy manager: Claire Perry-Riquet
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 43 Church Road, Hove BN3 2BE
Telephone number: 01273 737241
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
3. Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
4. Third-party website links
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
5. The data we collect about you
Personal data, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data. The data may include:
• Your name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact details such as your address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial information such as bank account and payment card details.
• Technical data which may include internet protocol (IP) address.
• Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Date includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may on occasion collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this may include details about your religious beliefs).
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you to provide services. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
6. How do we collect your personal data?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including:
• When you visit our website and enter information online.
• When you request that we provide a service to you.
• When you engage with us on social media.
• When you contact us by any means e.g. with queries, to report disrepair, or complaints.
• When you provide feedback to us on our services.
• When you fill in any forms.
• When you make payment of any sums due.
• When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
• When a previous agent, or Landlord at a property we manage passes this information to us.
• We collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
• As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
7. How and why we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
• Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
• Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Examples of how and when we may use are as follows:
• To respond to any reports of disrepair, queries or complaints concerning a property that we manage.
• To communicate with you about the services we are providing.
• To communicate with you concerning rent or service charge due or paid.
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.
• To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions.
• With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
• To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you.
• To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement agencies.
• To book/arrange appointment requests (for example with a surveyor or contractor attending the property).
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us and needed in connection with the service we are contracted to provide.
8. Third-party marketing
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside Ellmans for marketing purposes.
9. Who do we share your data with We may have to share your personal data with trusted third parties. Examples include:
• IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
• Contractors such builders, plumbers, electricians, pest control.
• Professionals such as surveyors, accountants, engineers or solicitors.
• Insurance brokers or insurance providers.
We only provide the information they need to perform their specific service, and require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
10. How we keep your data safe
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
11. How long we retain your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data. In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
12. Your rights over your personal data
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, which include a right to request:
• Access to your personal data.• The correction of your personal data.
• Erasure of your personal data. • We cease using your personal data for marketing.
• That any consent previously given to data use be withdrawn.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our data privacy manager on the details at 2 above.
Ellman Henderson Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Ellman Henderson Limited of 43 Church Road, Hove. BN3 2BE (registration number 05508696).
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site [website address] (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by at any time by contacting us at Ellman Henderson Limited, 43 Church Road, Hove. BN3 2BE.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Code7 created this site...
Daniel Mason || Tristan Brookes || Greg Lewis
Icons on home page from The Noun Project.
Contact Enhanced component created by Douglas Machado.
43 Church Road,
We are open Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
A hands-on service, underpinned by experience
From single units to large property portfolios, we manage all types of property. Our distinct mark of quality runs through every aspect of our business.
Proactive marketing to reach your ideal tenants
We promote the strengths of your property to find the right tenants for you. We showcase your property in online portals, such as Rightmove and Latest Homes, the local circulated property magazine. Our fresh-thinking team move fast to make sure your property gets rented out.
Let your property with confidence
With over 80 years' experience, we have the expertise to manage your property with confidence and efficiency. Every aspect is expertly handled, with legal and financial requirements taken care of and terms of agreement upheld.
Practical property management so you don't have to lift a finger
Our bespoke Property Management service is tailored to meet your individual needs. From rent collection to everyday maintenance, we ease the burden of letting-out your home.
Healthy, long-term partnerships
The lasting relationships we maintain with our clients are underpinned by trust and respect. A natural buffer between landlord and tenant, you'll always be informed when it matters but we'll keep the everyday fuss to a minimum.